AMP version
Dr. Dre attends dedication ceremony at USC Iovine and Young Hall on October 02, 2019 in Los Angeles, California.
news

Dr. Dre Selling Music Catalog Assets for Over $200M

Dr. Dre Selling Music Catalog Assets for Over $200M

Dr. Dre is selling a collection of music income streams and other assets in a deal that was being pitched for $250 million, according to Variety.

The assets are being acquired by Universal Music Group and Shamrock Holdings in two separate transactions, and generate close to $10 million annually. The deals have been rumored for several weeks and Billboard confirms they're close to completion.

Per Variety, "assets include artist royalties from two of his solo albums and his share of N.W.A. artist royalties; his producer royalties; and the writer’s share of his song catalog where he doesn’t own publishing" —that might include songs from The Chronic. According to Billboard’s sources, that portion includes "75% to 90% of the package’s revenue and is likely being acquired by Shamrock (which owns some Taylor Swift master recordings), with UMG acquiring the remaining 10% to 25%."

In other Dr. Dre happenings, he's set to be honored during the second annual Recording Academy Honors Presented by The Black Music Collective event at the Hollywood Palladium on Thursday, Feb. 2. He'll receive the Recording Academy Global Impact Award for his personal and professional achievements in the music industry.

Related posts

Dr. Dre performs during the Pepsi Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show at SoFi Stadium on February 13, 2022 in Inglewood, California.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Removes Dr. Dre's "Still D.R.E." from Her Videos

Jan 11, 2023

Missy Elliott at Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony

Dr. Dre, Missy Elliott, Lil Wayne, Sylvia Rhone to Be Honored at 2nd Annual Recording Academy Honors

Jan 11, 2023

Snoop Dogg's Emergence

Dec 15, 2022

What's new